ICRA Accredited Firm Specializing in Infectious Disease Cleaning
The mitigation recommendations from the ICRA panel shall address the following:
- Patient placement and relocation.
- Standards for barriers and other protective measures required to protect adjacent areas and susceptible patients from airborne contaminants.
- Temporary provisions or phasing for construction or modification of heating, ventilating , air conditioning and water supply systems.
- Protection from demolition.
- Measures taken to train hospital staff, visitors and construction personnel.
Finally, the ICRA panel must inspect the installation of infection control measures and provide continuous monitoring of their effectiveness throughout the project. The monitoring may be conducted by in-house infection control and safety staff or by independent consultants. Provisions must contain written procedures for emergency suspension of work, indicating responsibilities of each party—owner, designer, constructor and monitor.
Numerous resources are available to assist organizations with development and implementation of an ICRA. This includes ASHE/AIA workshops and other professional organizations that provide continuing education on the topic.
OSHA HAZWOPER CERTIFIED FIRM
Before you can enter or start work on an uncontrolled hazardous waste operation or pathogen infected site you need to learn how to stay safe while handling dangerous chemicals or the cleanup of virus
First Priority DKI has –40 Hour HAZWOPER Personnel on all contaminated sites. All operations and emergency response including site characterization, hazardous chemicals, radiation hazards, and biological contaminents.
Definition: An ICRA is multidisciplinary, organizational, documented process that after considering the facility’s patient population and program:
Focuses on reduction of risk from infection,
Acts through phases of facility planning, design, construction, renovation, facility maintenance, and
Coordinates and weighs knowledge about infection, infectious agents, and care environment, permitting the organization to anticipate potential impact.
The ICRA elements required for consideration are located in Chapter 1.5 of the 2006 AIA Guidelines. In the 2006 edition, the ICRA elements are divided into three areas: processes for design, construction, and mitigation.
First Priority DKI’s Fully Trained staff will apply The SteraMist System
- Spray surfaces for 5 seconds per square foot for disinfection
- Multiple Surface Units can reduce terminal clean rooms to 10 minutes
- Can be used on hard, non-porous, high touch surfaces
- Reaches surfaces and areas that regular disinfectants cannot reach
The SteraMist Surface Unit is a fully portable, fast-acting, hand-held, point and spray misting disinfection system. This system is the ultimate tool in disinfecting any space, whether used for specific service needs or acquired for daily use. The SteraMist Surface Unit is one of the best choices to make certain that a facility is using the best technology currently available. The single applicator surface unit enables disinfection of all surfaces – including high touch, sensitive equipment, and electronics. The room is safe to enter within minutes after the ionized Hydrogen Peroxide (iHP) mist has been applied.