It’s estimated that there are over 1.5 million species of mold on the planet, all of which can exist indoors and outdoors. When outdoors, mold is harmless and serves an important purpose. However, when indoors, mold can be destructive — to property and to the health of a business and it’s workers. That is why it’s so important to take Commercial mold remediation seriously — and at the first sign of growth; thus minimizing exposure and or potential liability.
How do you know whether or not you have a mold problem? If it’s not visible and obvious, a musty smell or the peeling, bubbling or discoloration of drywall and wallpaper all serve as warning signs. If you have an allergy issue (i.e. frequent sneezing, coughing, congestion or sore eyes), that can also be a sign. Since mold needs moisture to grow, areas of the home that are damp or have flooded in the past are highly susceptible to mold growth. On that note, here’s a look at some areas in the home that commonly support mold growth:
- Crawl spaces: Dampness and humidity often characterize this space.
- Basements: Most basements are damp and prone to water intrusion from rain, hence making environmental remediation services necessary.
- Under sinks: Common causes include leaky drains and pipes.
- Attics: Improper ventilation can lead to damp, overly humid conditions.
- Around windows: Excessive condensation can lead to mold growth in such areas.
- Inside walls: Leaky pipes or water intrusion can cause hidden mold growth.
Trust the Experts for Mold Removal Services
Our team of environmental remediators can assess and mitigate the most complicated remediation projects thanks to the most advanced training and inspection instruments available to the industry. First Priority DKI works with clients to bring property back to pre-loss condition quickly while minimizing liability for all involved parties and executes the mold remediation protocol according to the current IICRC S520 Standard for Professional Mold Remediation.
Environmental services include mold remediation, sewage and cleanup and decontamination, building deodorization and complete odor control, and HVAC decontamination and air duct cleaning.